Saturday, June 17, 2017

Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles

Driving down to West Adams to work out at a friend's house this morning, gave me the excuse to (and the hunger) to brunch at the legendary Roscoe's.

Since I did not want to clog my arteries after having exercised, I ordered the waffle without fried chicken, instead accompanying it with egg and chicken sausage.

After, a 30-minute wait (the restaurant was busy), my meal arrived.



I slathered the quadrilateral with butter and poured maple syrup, then took a bite.

Syrup and better can make any better day better, especially on a waffle of such balanced consistency: it was slightly crisp on the edges but soft in the middle and neither chewy nor soggy.

On the other hand, the sausage came overcooked and the eggs were nothing special. The biscuit I ordered on the side (to extend the meal) was too salty.

Will I return? Maybe, to order chicken and waffles. I didn't see anything wonderful about the other breakfast dishes.

Roscoe's price point for their signature dish is high however (19$ for a half-chicken and 2 waffles: more than it cost me in New York), so that next occasion will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment